Publié le 13-09-2018
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
This role requires compounding research fragrance compounds, performing research activities, fulfilling customer briefs and performing extractions of finished products for analysis. It also requires conducting stability and compatibility testing of fragrances and fragranced products. This candidate must pay attention to detail and complete other duties as required. Such specific responsibilities will vary based on the perfumer to whom the candidate is assigned.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the perfumer, the assistant will:
• Compound research fragrances and various trials for the perfumer.
• Process samples for customer requests.
• Prepare dilutions of raw materials as required for the formulas.
• Accurately weigh out raw materials in the proper sequence using an electronic balance and disposable pipettes.
• Labels all beakers, bottles, jars and other items legibly to maintain the integrity of the products.
• Create, process, record, file and log analytical data for fragrances with the flash point, color and odor as described by the perfumer.
• Assist perfumer in managing Customer projects
• Conduct compatibility and stability testing of fragrance oils and fragranced products and write reports.
• Performs packing duties which requires proper labeling and packing of samples, and properly record samples sent out to customers in a daily log while also including appropriate paperwork
• Ensure all paperwork is complete, accurate, and maintained according to established filing system.
• Put fragrances in various applications and bases
• Perform fragrance extractions from various media.
• Maintain lab space as necessary for a safe & clean working environment
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Education, Experience and Competencies Required:
• High school Diploma or equivalent.
• Individuals with a BS or BA in Chemistry or related subjects or non-degree candidates with suitable experience will be strongly considered.
• 3+ years of work experience in a related field is a must.
Skills & Competencies
• Oral Communication
• Written Communication
• Strong mathematics skills.
• Strong Computer Literacy
• Understand manufacturing instructions and potentially complex formulas.
• Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for protection from harmful chemicals.
• Good scientific approach is needed to conduct stability and compatibility tests.