Quality Control technicians control the samples from all phases of a manufacturing or other handling process and raw materials received with the goal of determining if the substance meets the standards or requirements of the project.
- A QC technician will employ a variety of methods that can vary from industry to industry but generally require basic lab-work skills and thorough understanding of chemical testing equipment and processes, along with strong olfactory skills.
- A QC technician will have a role in preserving workplace safety and safe materials handling as appropriate, since they sometimes work with hazardous materials.
- A QC technician will prepare documents that report the results of their lab work.
Roles & Responsabilities:
Under the direction of the R&D Manager the QC technician will:
- Control the conformity of the manufactured products, the raw materials and some lab samples received by running an analytical, visual and olfactory check routine
- Ensure conformance to accepted quality standards
- Approval of raw materials from a new supplier for a possible future purchase
- Create and edit the Certificate of analysis, the technical data sheets for the customers
- Maintain documents, data archives, and tracking of samples
- Review laboratory records for trends or inconsistencies
- Create the verification for the lab equipment as defined
- Implement necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Communicate between production and laboratory personnel to assure that the laboratory is prepared to support production in a timely and efficient manner
- Authority to accept, reject and release from Quarantine goods coming in and going out
High school Diploma or higher.
5 years minimum of work experience in a related field.
Skills & Competencies:
- Olfactory training and excellent olfactory skills are mandatory
- Basic safety knowledge
- Possess basic mathematics skills
- Computer literate
- Chemistry basic knowledge
- Raw materials basic knowledge
- lab-work skills
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting for QC equipment (GC, flashpoint, specific gravity, refractive index and various color tests…)
- Good oral and written communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.