Sozio is a family business with over 260 years of existence. Its “artisan-perfumer” know-how, its expertise in natural perfumery and its international presence have made Sozio a key player in the perfume composition market. SOZIO is offering a career opportunity “LABORATORY TECHNICIAN” to join its team in Dubai affiliate.
This role requires compounding research fragrance compounds and fulfilling customer briefs. Being computer literate, with an eye for details, and being able to maintain a clean and safe working environment is needed. Accuracy with numbers and math is a necessity to ensure correctness of compounding.
- Conduct basic laboratory maintenance and cleaning.
- Conduct analysis finished products.
- Coordinate evaluation of competitive products.
- Pay strict attention to detail since the job requires monitoring equipment, controlling temperatures, and checking for overall consistency in mixes.
- Complete other duties as required. Specific responsibilities will vary based on the laboratory to which the intern is assigned.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the R&D Manager the Lab Technician will:
- Process samples for customer requests.
- Prepare dilutions of raw materials as required for the formulas.
- Accurately weigh out raw materials in the proper sequence which requires utilizing an electronic balance and disposable pipettes
- Labels all beakers, bottles, jars and other items legibly to maintain the integrity of the raw materials
- Create and process or file the fragrance card with the flash point, color and odor as described by the perfumer
- Perform packing duties which requires proper labeling and packing of samples, in addition to proper recording of samples sent out to customers in a daily log.
- Compound fragrances for a senior perfumer
- Put fragrances in various applications and bases
- Organize/maintain own laboratory as necessary to maintain a clean working environment
- Take basic analytical data on fragrances (density, color, Flash Point..) and log the data in system
- Assist Perfumer and Fragrance Development Managers in managing Customer projects
- Properly package samples to be shipped and include appropriate paperwork as requested
- Maintain a safe environment for other personnel and property
Education, Experience and Competencies Required:
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of work experience in a related field.
Skills & Competencies:
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Basic Safety Knowledge
- Basic Olfactory Lab Practices
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Possess basic mathematics skills.
- Understand manufacturing instructions and potentially complex formulas.
- Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for protection from harmful chemicals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.